WCC Tournament Winners
- No. 19 women’s tennis (17-6) is guaranteed a spot in the NCAA tournament this year after winning first place in the WCC tourney for the 25th time in program history. The squad swept No. 53 Portland yesterday in the WCC finals. The official NCAA bracket will be announced Tuesday with matches beginning May 9 in Waco, Texas.
- No. 22 women’s golf won its 14th consecutive WCC tournament championship on April 15. Junior Marissa Chow and senior Somin Lee finished first and second, respectively. Fielding for the NCAA tournament will be announced tomorrow. Regionals begin May 7.
- Men’s golf won its first WCC title in a decade April 15. Sophomore Cody McManus took first place. The program holds the record for the most WCC tournament wins. Fielding for the NCAA tournament will be announced tomorrow. Regionals begin May 14.
WCC Tournament Runner-Up
- No. 42 men’s tennis (17-8) fell to No. 22 San Diego in the WCC tournament final yesterday. The Waves will find out whether or not it was enough to break into the NCAA tournament Tuesday when the brackets are announced.
MPSF & AVCA
- Men’s volleyball (23-5) will face Hawaii in the MPSF tournament semifinal Thursday in Irvine after sweeping UC Santa Barbara last night. Winning first place in the MPSF tournament would automatically give the team a ticket to the NCAA tournament in Palo Alto. Last season Stanford eliminated the Waves in the semis.
- Sand volleyball (10-4) is set to face Georgia State in the opening round of the AVCA tournament on Friday in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Pepperdine is ranked No. 4 out of the eight teams selected to compete. The Waves have won the AVCA championship two out of the last three years. Sand volleyball has not been an official NCAA sport until this year when the NCAA announced that a championship tournament will be held for the emerging sport in spring 2016.
Follow us on Twitter @PeppGraphic