Photo by Julia Naman
A wise friend once told me, “Be the Leslie Knope of everything you do.” Isn’t that the dream — to try and to succeed, to never give up and to be insanely dedicated to any goal set before you? When sleep-deprived, overworked and stressed to the point of no return, this dream often seems unachievable.
Do not give up hope, comrades. To quote Dylan Thomas, “Do not go gentle into that good night.”
Whether you identify with the fabulous Carly Fiorina or stay true to homegirl Hillary Clinton, there’s no doubt that a powerful woman in a pantsuit is an inspirational thing. So that’s just what you need — a power suit. And what better way to suit up than to have a motivational playlist to assist you?
1. “Proud Mary” — Tina Turner
2. “Young, Gifted and Black” — Aretha Franklin
3. “On My Own” — Miley Cyrus
4. “Yo Soy Una Mujer” — Jenni Rivera
5. “Looking Good, Feeling Gorgeous” — RuPaul
6. “1-2-3” — Gloria Estefan
7. “Even If I’m Loud It Doesn’t Mean I’m Talking to You” — Tove Styrke
8. “Get Ready” — Ella Fitzgerald
9. “My Man” — Peggy Lee
10. “I’m Gonna Make You Love Me” — Diana Ross & The Supremes, The Temptations
In the tumultuous sea of midterms and manic Mondays, do not go down with the ship. Instead, find our “Hillary Clinton Pantsuit Playlist” on Spotify. Believe you can achieve; as our dear friend Marilyn Monroe once said, “If you don’t, then who will, sweetie?”
Follow Pepperdine Graphic on Twitter: @PeppGraphic